Ayurveda in daily life: Workshop
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a traditional medical system which has been practiced in India for over 5,000 years. It is based on natural herbs, massage, diet, yoga and mediation. Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word. It is the combination of two words, Ayu and Veda. Ayu means life and Veda means knowledge or science. Thus it is the science of life. It is more like a way of life.
The purpose of this workshop.
In this workshop you will learn about the introduction of Ayurveda and how to implement the teachings in daily life. The main aim of the workshop is to promote healing of the body and mind by using Ayurveda.
The workshop will include:
• An introduction to Ayurveda and yoga
• An explanation of three doshas or three types of body energy, how they function in our body and how they make our body diseased and healthy.
• How to balance doshas by using Ayurveda in daily life.
• How to use food as a medicine to increase general wellbeing.
• An introduction to kitchen herbs/spices used daily in traditional Indian cooking e.g. ginger, turmeric, clove, black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
• Some Ayurvedic cooking recipes.
Benefits of Ayurveda…
1. Ayurveda not only provides the treatment but it is a way of life as well.
2. It helps you to achieve a happy, healthy and disease free life.
3. It helps to relax the mind and body and makes you feel stress free.
4. It provides the knowledge to live in a natural and more sustainable way.
5. It empowers you to keep a good health by selecting good dietary habits.
Who can attend the workshop?
Any one who wants to learn about the benefits of Ayurveda and live a healthy life based on Ayurveda teachings.
What to bring to the workshop?
A note pad and a pen or pencil.
Date: 28th June 2012, Time: 11am to 1.00pm. Lunch included.
Booking and inquiry: Kusum on 0414822244 or 98038718
Address: 287 Blackburn Road , Burwood East 3151 Vic